\Con*ne*xion”\, n. [L. connexio: cf. F. connexion.]
1. The act of connecting, or the state of being connected; junction; union; alliance; relationship.
2. That which connects or joins together; bond; tie.
3. A relation; esp. a person connected with another by marriage rather than by blood; — used in a loose and indefinite, and sometimes a comprehensive, sense.
4. The persons or things that are connected; as, a business connection.
Syn: Union; coherence; continuity; junction; association; dependence; intercourse; commerce; communication; affinity; relationship.
\Bi*zar”re\, adj. [F. bizarre odd, fr. Sp. bizarro gallant, brave, liberal,]
Odd in manner or appearance; fantastic; whimsical; extravagant; grotesque.
\Con*ne*xion” Bi*zar”re\, exp. colloq. [F. connexion bizarre]
1. Webzine about electronic music featuring album reviews, band interviews, a podcast and occasional media gallery features.
2. Electronics. Industrial. Noise. Electro Body Music. Synthpop. Hardcore. Dubstep. IDM. Experimental. Ambient. Electropop. Breakcore. Trip-Hop. Glitch. Etc…
3. Oddly connected, suprisingly functional, the sum being greater than the parts.
Active since 2003, Connexion Bizarre is an electronic music webzine staffed by an international team of volunteers and coordinated from Porto (Portugal). It is regularly updated with music reviews, interviews and a podcast, has its radio show on the Lisbon-based Radio Zero and occasionally contributes to event organization/promotion. We strive to showcase what is currently being made in terms of good and original electronic music in a wide variety of genres, regardless tendencies and fashions.
Activities began in mid-2003 in Porto, as a sporadic club night concept dedicated to a wide range of electronic music, from Synthpop to Noise, touching everything in between that we perceived as being original and of good quality, without catering to any particular scene or audience. An ambitious idea that ultimately proved impractical due to a variety of reasons. The webzine started as something of an afterthought, but has since become our main focus of activity. In addition to the activities normally associated with a music webzine (music reviews, interviews, podcasts, etc.), we also have a weekly radio show on the Lisbon based Radio Zero and are actively releasing music as a netlabel.
We’re always looking for people to add to our staff. If you are an electronic music enthusiast and would be interested in doing music reviews, interviewing artists and so on, contact us.
Despite enjoying free hosting and being staffed by volunteers, Connexion Bizarre has its costs to run (postal expenses, for example). If you appreciate our efforts, please consider a donation or a quick visit to the store.